Probiotics for women, Pro-Women by Hyperbiotics is a premium and proprietary probiotic formula that contains 3 probiotic strains that have been clinically studied for their benefit to different aspects of women’s health.
It also contains D-Mannose which has been studied for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infection.
Time release veggie capsules with a patented delivery method mean the probiotic organisms are released over 8-10 hours, bypassing the stomach to reach the intestinal tract alive.*
Pro-Women does not require refrigeration and can be stored at room temperature.
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus fermentum +
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus reuteri +
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus +
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Naturally occurring (non-synthetic) D-Mannose ›
- Cranberry Extract
- Prebiotic Fructooligosaccharides
+ These strains have been clinically studied.
› D-Mannose has been studied for its potential to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection.
D-Mannose is a naturally occurring simple sugar, found in some plants and fruits. When ingested, D-Mannose is primarily metabolized by the kidneys and excreted in the urine, and is therefore thought to minimal (or no) interference with blood sugar regulation.* Research has shown that D-Mannose may provide urinary tract support by inhibiting the attachment of E. coli bacteria to the urinary tract.*
Further research on probiotics:
- Non-Antibiotic Prophylaxis for Urinary Tract Infections
- Role of probiotics in urogenital healthcare
- Vaginal Microbiota and the Use of Probiotics
- Natural Approaches to Prevention and Treatment of Infections of the Lower Urinary Tract
Further research on D-Mannose:
- D-mannose: a promising support for acute urinary tract infections in women. A pilot study.
- Intervening with urinary tract infections using anti-adhesives based on the crystal structure of the FimH-oligomannose-3 complex.
- D-mannose powder for prophylaxis of recurrent urinary tract infections in women: a randomized clinical trial.
- Oral D-mannose in recurrent urinary tract infections in women: a pilot study.
- D-mannose: Properties, Production, and Applications: An Overview.
- The use of chemotherapeutic agents as prophylaxis for recurrent urinary tract infection in healthy nonpregnant women: A network meta-analysis.
- In vitro efficacy of phytotherapeutics suggested for prevention and therapy of urinary tract infections.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.