CystoProtek® promotes bladder care and supports the protective layer of the bladder. Bladder discomfort could be caused by a disruption to the glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layer. Studies show replenishment of the GAG layer can help to reduce bladder discomfort.
CystoProtek® is an unique, oral dietary supplement, in a softgel, developed to promote bladder care and support the protective layer of the bladder.
CystoProtek® uses an exclusive combination of natural ingredients, based on published scientific research.
CystoProtek® uses an exclusive combination of the purest flavonoids along with chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine and sodium hyaluronate. Unique to Algonot’s formulations is Olive Pomace Oil, which is instrumental in helping the body absorb and delivery the dry ingredients found in each softgel.
Often purchased with high-quality Orthomega 820 | Triglyceride Omega-3 Fish Oil - 60 Softgels. Please note an account is required to view OrthoMolecular products (all that is required is an email and password to sign up).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
- Chondroitin Sulfate - 300 mg: a naturally occurring complex carbohydrate is one of the main components of cartilage and mucosa layers, forming the connective tissue which holds muscles, nerves and blood vessels together.
- Glucosamine Sulfate - 280 mg: is found in chitin and is a naturally occurring amino sugar and is a building block of joint cartilage as well as bladder, prostate and GI protective glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layers.
- Quercetin - 260 mg: Quercetin has been shown to inhibit the release of histamines and other immune mediators, which are thought to play a part in some IC/BPS and nonbacterial prostatitis symptoms. Quercetin belongs to a class of antioxidants called flavonoids that give fruits and vegetables their bright colors. Flavonoids support capillary wall stability and healthy collagen development.
- Rutin - 40 mg: can help sooth an inflamed bladder and reduce swelling and ulcers in the mucous membranes in your bladder.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - 20 mg: a natural complex sugar that is another main component of protective connective tissues, including the protective GAG layer of the bladder.
- Olive Pomace Oil (Unprocessed, MicroFiltered, Extra Virgin Olive Oil) is natural and low in acidity: This oil (a lipid) plays an important role in all Algonot nutraceuticals because it is effective in helping the body to absorb chondroitin, glucosamine and sodium hyaluronate.
Other Ingredients: Olive pomace oil, pork gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob in glycerin with caramel, sunflower lecithin, extra virgin olive oil and yellow beeswax. Contains: shellfish (shrimp, crab).
CystoProtek® is FREE from: Artificial colors, egg or egg by-products, fish or fish by-products, milk or milk by-products, peanut or peanut by-products, preservatives, soybeans and soy by-products, tree nuts, wheat or wheat by-products.
2 softgels twice daily, with or without food or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Store in a cool place, out of reach from children. Always discuss this and any other supplements with your treating healthcare professional before use.
Caution: Before using any dietary supplement, pregnant or lactating women should consult with a physician or health professional.
I have had IC for 20 years. CystoProtek is my go-to gold standard. I recently tried another brand with high concentrates of the "same" ingredients but my system did not respond well to it. I always pair CystoProtek with a super high quality fish oil, and tried it with the other brand, and it just did not respond and my stomach hurt. I also think CystoProtek's capsule is designed to withstand passage through the stomach, where the other was just a gel cap. As a veteran in this frustrating condition CystaProtek + Fish Oil gave me results. If your new and flaring - take it 3x a day until it's chilled out. You will know if it works by slow changes in symptoms. If you feel nothing different at all in 2 weeks, then it's not the right fit for your type of IC. But patience is needed if you notice changes in how your bladder feels. Even if symptoms feel a little different, then keep at it b/c it is working. With my regiment I have been able to go off it for months (which is dumb b/c it does rear its ugly head eventually). You can get to a maintenance program where you only need a one or two capsules every few days. But do not forget the fish oil. :-)